Information has become a key component of the majority of businesses. Availability, Integrity and Confidentiality of information is a paramount concern as the loss or partial loss even for a short time can be of significant negative impact. The need for diligent planning in terms of Information Security and the exacting application of Information Security practices are essential to the maintenance of business today.
The principal aim of the programme is to provide suitable candidates with the knowledge, competencies and skills necessary to plan and execute information security policies and procedures to ensure confidentiality, integrity and access to an organisations information resources.
The Objective of this programme is to produce graduates that can:
- Develop and administer ownership of systems and information
- Establish information and data classification guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Develop, establish, and maintain standards, procedures, and guidelines to promote the security and uninterrupted operation of computer-based application systems.
- Identify and address exposures to accidental or intentional destruction, disclosure, modification, or interruption of information that may cause serious financial and/or information loss to the company.
- Be responsible for the protection of the company assets and information that are processed by or stored on computerized information systems.