This course introduces students to the field of Cyber Security. It provides an extensive overview of the various branches of this field, Cyber Security concepts and issues that are critical to solving problems in the computing security domain.
Participants will learn how to detect threats, protect systems and networks and anticipate potential Cyber-Attacks. The course also covers networking and systems administration, cryptography, information assurance fundamentals, confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
It provides the fundamentals to commence a career in Cyber Security as well as enhance the value you provide to your current employer, or to yourself.
Who is the course for?
Employed and non-employed
- ICT professionals
- University students
- S6 Leavers
- Basic understanding of Computing, Word processing and the Internet. No specific academic qualification is required.
- Fluent knowledge of the English language
- A laptop computer for practical classwork.
- Computer Application basics refresher
- Computing Security Concepts and Problems 1
- Computing Security Concepts and Problems 2
- Networking 1
- Networking 2
- Systems Administration
- Detection and Prevention
- Malware and Forensics
This Course is based on European Union/ German best practice and standards in instruction on Cyber Security.
- Classroom instructor-led blended with videos and text material.
- Class sessions will be held at the Innovation Village, Ntinda, Kampala.
- Instructors are certified subject matter experts and familiar with both Ugandan and global contexts.
- 12 hours per week in classroom, spread over 32 days plus homework exercises.
- Selected modules to be conducted through Virtual Reality (VR) technology.
- Offline and online mentorship.
Students will be assessed based on the following
- Attendance – 75% (6 weeks’ minimum)
- Hands-on experience demonstrated during instruction hours
- Continuous assessments through tests and assignments delivered by the Instructor
- One-hour final exam (30% of overall assessment)
- Successful candidates will receive a certificate of achievement (competence).
The course fee is UGX. 750,000. This is payable progressively with an advance of 50% due before course commencement. The course needs to be fully paid in order for participants to be eligible for the final exam and certification.
- Acquisition of readily applicable skills
- Improved job prospects
- Access to advanced courses
- Building a peer network
- Employability as a Cyber Security professional
Need more information?
Please contact Maurice on +256 705 982771/+256 773 236936 or email email@example.com.