This course introduces students to the field of Cyber Security. It provides an extensive overview of the various branches of this field, Cyber Security concepts and issues that are critical to solving problems in the computing security domain.
Participants will learn how to detect threats, protect systems and networks and anticipate potential Cyber-Attacks. The course also covers networking and systems administration, cryptography, information assurance fundamentals, confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
It provides the fundamentals to commence a career in Cyber Security as well as enhance the value you provide to your current employer, or to yourself.
Who is the course for?
Employed and non-employed
- Professionals in ICT driven Sectors
- ICT Business developers
- University students
- S6 Leavers
- Basic understanding of Computing, Word processing and the Internet. No specific academic qualification is required.
- Fluent knowledge of the English language
- A laptop computer for practicals and simulation
- Computing Security Concepts
- Attacks, Concepts and Techniques
- Networking & Network Security
- Systems Administration
- Detection and Prevention
- Malware and Forensics
- Introduction to Penetration Testing
This Course is based on European Union/ German best practice and standards in instruction on Cyber Security.
- Online Instructor-led blended with videos and text material.
- Instructors are certified subject matter experts and familiar with both Ugandan and global contexts.
- 8 hours per week, spread over 32 days plus homework exercises.
- Selected modules to be conducted through Virtual Reality (VR) technology.
- Offline and online mentorship.
Students will be assessed based on the following
- Attendance – 75% (6 weeks’ minimum)
- Hands-on experience demonstrated during instruction hours
- Continuous assessments through tests and assignments delivered by the Instructor
- One-hour final exam (30% of overall assessment)
- Successful candidates will receive a certificate of achievement (competence).
The course fee is UGX. 750,000. Currently discounted to UGX 650,000 for Sign-ups not later than July 3, 2020
This is payable progressively with an advance of 50% due before course commencement. The course needs to be fully paid in order for participants to be provided with the necessary study materials and eligible for the final exam.
- Acquisition of readily applicable skills
- Improved job prospects
- Access to advanced courses
- Building a peer network
- Mentorship and Career counselling
- Employability as a Cyber Security professional
Need more information?
Please contact Maurice on +256 705 982771 /+256 773 236936 or email email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org