Position Title: Marketing & Communications Intern (1 Vacancy)
Placement: Kampala, Uganda + Virtual
Reports To: Training Associate
Duration: 3 months
About Milima Cyber Academy
Milima Cyber Academy (MCA) is Uganda’s premier cybersecurity and digital forensics academy supporting young professionals to gain practical and hands-on skills in information security for emerging sectors.
MCA exists to train and integrate ethical, hands-on, and dependable information security professionals into digitally advancing African economies.
This role requires an energetic, dedicated and detail-oriented person who can manage multiple tasks. This individual is a team-player with an entrepreneurial spirit, willingness to learn and ability to manage multiple tasks while adapting to shifting priorities to grow the Milima Brand.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Intern will work under the direct supervision of the Training Associate to perform the following key roles:
- Support strategic online communications planning and processes that contribute to MCA’s mission and work to increase visibility of the organization and raise public awareness;
- Enthusiastically support the team by writing and editing of company communication, including but not limited to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report, media releases, internal and external communications and marketing materials
- Monitor and analyses online conversations around priority and emerging issues and identify opportunities for MCA to engage in these conversations;
- Explore avenues to collaborate on popular digital platforms;
- Prepare analytic reports on a regular and ad-hoc basis that synthesize digital impact and suggest adjustments of outreach initiatives based on data;
- Produce and support the production of communication products and materials like articles, infographics, videos, etc.;
- Assist in updating and preparation of content for the webpage;
- Contribute to visual and digital communications, including photo gathering and editing, graphic creation and presentation, and other multi-media editing, including video and audio;
- Assist the Academy in the organization of events and public campaigns, in particular MCA White Hat day, Webinars, Seminars, Workshops, et cetera
- Help to design and prepare information & publications;
- Supporting the development of project MCA & MSU profiles and Communique;
- Ensure MCA branding standards are applied consistently across all communication platforms;
- Support the Training Associate in day to day work as required.
Benefits & Compensation
- Competitive facilitation package
- An inclusive working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds in the Cybersecurity space in Uganda & Africa
- Optional Sponsorship for the Fundamental of Cybersecurity (FCS) Course at the Academy
Required Skills and Experience
- University studies in one of the following disciplines: Information Technology, Computer Science, or other relevant courses is required.
- Experience in Content Development in Tech and information security.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English
- Web-design and coding knowledge (HTML 5, CSS, or PHP) is an advantage;
- Experience with media management for developing marketing and promotion strategies;
- Foundational and conceptual knowledge of the function/discipline and demonstrated the application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards work products required.
- Foundational level of business acumen in the areas of the business operations, industry practices and emerging trends required.
- Demonstrating corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities;
- Communicates effectively when working in teams and independently;
- Interest and motivation in working in an international organization;
- Goal-oriented mind-set;
- Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
How to Apply:
All Interested candidates should send their Cover letter, CVs and Relevant academic documents to email@example.com Not later than October 2, 2020, at 5:00 pm.
Only successful candidates shall be contacted
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.