MCA partners with CompTIA to provide this course. CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs.
Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on troubleshooting, ensuring candidates have practical security problem-solving skills required to:
- Assess the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- Operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance
- Identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents
Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation, because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 2.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
What you will learn
After the course, you will be able to
- Compare Security Roles and Security Controls
- Explain Threat Actors and Threat Intelligence
- Perform Security Assessments
- Identify Social Engineering and Malware
- Summarize Basic Cryptographic Concepts
- Implement Public Key Infrastructure
- Implement Authentication Controls
- Implement Identity and Account Management Controls
- Implement Secure Network Designs
- Implement Network Security Appliances
- Implement Secure Network Protocols
- Implement Host Security Solutions
- Implement Secure Mobile Solutions
- Summarize Secure Application Concepts
- Implement Secure Cloud Solutions
- Explain Data Privacy and Protection Concepts
- Perform Incident Response
- Explain Digital Forensics
- Summarize Risk Management Concepts
- Implement Cybersecurity Resilience
- Explain Physical Security
Although there are no prerequisites for CompTIA Security+, we recommend at least two years of IT administration experience with a security focus and earning the CompTIA Network+ certification before taking the exam.
This course requires 100% payment before commencement. The course needs to be fully paid for in order for participants to be provided with the necessary study materials and eligible for the final exam.
We are Uganda’s top-tier cyber-security and digital forensics academy supporting young professionals to gain practical and hands-on skills.