Web Application Security
Hours / module :
This course offers extensive knowledge for every web developer and web application engineer.
A participant will discover important principles of modern web security, and learn about current security best practices.
The course also explores the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) top 10 2017 which is essential to organizations and IT pros for better managing the emerging impact of application security risks.
Learning Outcomes and Objectives
Upon completion of this course, you will gain in-depth knowledge of web security. Concretely, you will get the following out of this course:
● Underlying security principles of the web
● Overview of concrete threats against web applications
● Insights into common attacks and countermeasures
● Current best practices for secure web applications
● Capacity to perform a security assessment, penetration and defence of web systems.
Mode of Delivery
The course will be instructor-led blended with videos, daily case studies, and text materials.
Mode of Assessment
Students will be assessed based on the following
● At least 75% attendance is required of every student
● Practical/Hands-on experience demonstrated during instruction hours
● Continuous assessments through tests and assignments delivered by the Instructor
● One-hour final exam (30%)
Requirement For Pass
Any student who scores at least 75% across accumulated assignments of 70% and a Final Exam of 30% will have passed.
Acquisition of readily applicable skills
Building a peer network
Mentorship and Career counseling
Employability as a Cyber Security Professional
- The Web Security Landscape
- The Security Model of the Web
- Securing The Communication Channel
- Preventing Unauthorised Access
- Securely Handling Untrusted Data
- OWASP 10 2017
Entry Level Requirements
- A student undertaking this course should have a basic understanding of computing, the web, the internet, and networking.
- A student should also have a basic understanding of cybersecurity.
- A certificate in Fundamentals of Cybersecurity (Milima Cyber Academy) or an equivalent from a cybersecurity training academy is highly recommended.
- Understanding of basic web technologies (HTTP, HTML, JS, …)
This is payable progressively with an advance of 60% due before course commencement. The course needs to be fully paid for in order for participants to be provided with the necessary study materials and eligible for the final exam.
We are Uganda’s top-tier cyber-security and digital forensics academy supporting young professionals to gain practical and hands-on skills.